Saturday, February 23, 2008

A letter to my daughter

I write this letter in pain and suffering;
The world is a doomed place to live in;
It is always dark in the middle of the sunlight;
I only do this to help you not fall in the same pit I fell;

At first it will smile to you and you will smile back;
It will give a sweet wine and dine well;
The world will bathe your feet and touch your toes;
Like a dove it will be gentle;

I opened my eyes very late;
It is quick and clever of a snake;
Its anger is of a lion that tears apart a lamb for a meal;
I urge you to take heed of thy self;
For I know it is coming;

I would love to know that you have tasted the crisp of marriage;
I would love to know that you tasted the pain of labor;
I would love to know that you can stand on your feet;
Life is dark deep whole;
You go with it, it will swallow you;
Take heed of thy self;

It is only the best I want see for you;
I wished they told me about it;
I would have listened to my head;
I would have not been like this;
Please guard yourself against the hyenas of the wild;
They will come as ships;
Their intentions are nothing but to devour;
Take heed of thy self;
From your mother.

No comments: