Saturday, February 23, 2008

the tears of African mother

The tears of African mother
I saw an African mother crying to death;
She was crying with a piercing voice;
In the land of Liberia, Congo and now Kenya
Her tears were as red as blood;
She screamed for help but no one came to help;
Only the sounds of rebels and machine guns piercing the body of her sons

The mother of the nation is shot by her sons …rebels
If it politics that is killing our people then it is not worthy it;
The innocent blood is all over the land;
The son to an African mother is killed for nothing;
Africa wake up why are eating your blood

The wars of power continue to destroy our land;
The wars of power continues to kill our mothers, brothers and sisters
Where should I live?
Why should I ran away from my home
I still hear the cry of African mother
Crying for peace and love

I said to her don’t cry mama
But she said to me my children are all gone
Some lost their hands and feet
Some don’t have hands
How cruel is power.

No comments: